Breaking Down the Details of Student Mental Health

Courtesy of Facebook

Daniel Hellriegel, Staff Writer

Throughout the 2019-2020 school year, the administration has been increasing many efforts to reduce the overwhelming stress caused by heavy amounts of schoolwork. There have been many tactics to promote healthy life choices for the students in their journey through their four years of high school. The students and teachers are supportive of creating a less stressful and more positive environment. 

500 Internal Server Error- 澳门网上信誉赌场

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

Another initiative that the school has taken includes the work that Ms. D’Alessio has put  into helping the mental health of the student body. Guidance has hosted “Wellness Wednesday” since last year. At these meeting, they provide puzzles, coloring, and other calming exercises for the students to unwind during a lunch or a study hall. On Wednesday, October 23, Wellness Wednesday reached a new high when they brought in a service dog for the students, which was a large success for the school. The school also has been participating in Respect and Wellness weeks throughout the past month, which bring awareness to bullying and mental health problems that are super helpful for the well-being of the students. Ms. D’Alessio also just sent out a “Monthly Mental Wellness Spotlight: Mindfulness,” which includes many helpful tips for students to implement, plus apps to download to help students achieve their mindfulness. Make sure to check out her e-mail if you feel overwhelmed.

Overall, the direction that the school is taking to improve the well-being of the students is extremely appreciated, and once all of the details are worked through, it will be a complete success.S